At the end of this module you will:
- Understand six (6) parts to the writing cycle;
- Understand The Writing Cycle as a tool for asking better questions about thinking and expression;
- Understand the affective domain in writing;
- Understand the importance of locating relevant information to the question to support the writing;
- Understand the importance of reading comprehension in writing;
- Understand how selection powers judgement and evaluative thinking;
- Understand how organisation is the core of building an argument;
- Understand that expression is the end result of thinking and the core expression of writing.
To get the most out of this module, it is recommended that prior to commencing the activities and viewing, teachers complete a 30 minute activity on a writing question they have set their students.