Here are five mindset shifts you need to make to get writing improvement traction in the staffroom and the classroom.
Includes BONUS CONTENT: The rhythm of teaching writing
At the end of this module you will:
- Understand the fundamental difference between the act of writing and teaching writing;
- Understand that writing is an expression of thinking;
- Understand that improving how we teach writing is about building teacher skills – and that takes time.
- Understand that most of your writing improvement language should come from your subject area;
- Understand that writing is a complex and holistic skill;
- Understand why so many great programs fall short of their promise;
- Understand that teaching writing has a musicality about it and teachers need to learn to play the program;
- Be encouraged to look at your writing program and ask if it is giving your teachers the best chance at writing success?